by Felix Quigley
Hanging over the Jewish people is 6 million of their people murdered by the Nazis…that is murdered by Antisemitism
The uniqueness of the Jews rests especially on the Jews being the longest nation of mankind…some 4000 years AND of the uniqueness of Antisemitism as a special hatred among men
Those two factors place a great challenge on leadership today
It must be said that right across the board (speaking of Israeli leadership) that challenge is not being met and I predict will not be met by present leaders.
The present leaders remind me of the driver of a badly damaged Grand prix car, where the driver tries to steer but every jerk of a reluctant steering wheel sends a judder through the whole car (Israeli public) and amid s`pectator gasps causes a further tremor. Such can be said of the latest proposal of Bennett who seems to be an advocate of the discredited theory that if you make your enemy (Palestinians) comfortable in life then they will respond by “liking” you in nirvana friendship never-ending. Sadly that is not so. Antisemitism trumps that. Similarly the proposals by Martin Sherman based on paying Palestinians to make a new life for themselves elsewhere aided by financial grants and other help falls into the same trap. Antisemitism is likely to trump Sherman as well as Bennett.
It is all about leadership as far as Jews are concerned, as far as Irish are concerned, as far as ANYBODY is concerned. THAT is the central issue. So it is well to look closely at existing Israeli leaders right across the board. There is need for clarity. In this there are no “friends”! There are indeed colleagues in struggle, brothers in struggle. But there must be open discussion. Give a man a post in a bourgeois government (Bennett) and he stops communicating and be becomes a “prophet”!!! So there needs to be fair discussion where the discussion is carried on with a lot of that elusive quality “FAIRNESS”.
Proposed a humanitarian solution to the Palestinians. Why not! We wish no living being ill man or animal and I would say especially our dumb and totally dependent cousins! But wait…let us also have some principles BECAUSE The Palestinians cannot have a lucky or fortunate future under any circumstances or under any way of thinking if they remain Antisemitic, The Palestinians must break from Antisemitism. That involves the Palestinians understanding their own history. The Palestinians must find a concrete way forward but based on that. Bennett says make them prosperous, as Scarlett Johannson that gorgeous creature thinks also, and they will forget all about ideology of Antisemitism, but ideologies do not work like that and the prosperous Palestinian will become more envious and more Antisemitic not less!!!
THE GENERAL SITUATION
Figures show that Antisemitism is deepest among the Arabs. This is a combination of ethnic hatred of Arabs towards Jews, and the hatred promoted by Islam towards Jews
The first step, the very first step, is for the Palestinians to break free from Antisemitism. Jews are never responsable for Antisemitism. Until then Jews simply must defend themselves by all means against Antisemitism…everlasting position of Trotskyist 4international
The Jewish people by still being around after such persecutions and setbacks in 4000 long years of history shows that they will always fight for a future. The problem today is that there are conflicting ideologies as to what Jews should do
Some immediate conflicting ideologies
- Paul Erlinger says that the US acting on this Antisemitism of the Arabs is not significant. I wonder where he has been living as Obama and Kerry preceded by Bush and Condi have stoked it up
- The religious paralysers…they say we have existed with the help of God for 4000 years what can destroy us today…forgetting that the Jews were saved not by God but by the Red Army, for all the thanks that the Russian lads and girls got for defeating Hitler. The religious folk of Israel create a diversion which you must reject because the religious folk do not provide an answer in the real world (of today)
- The Palestinian loving Jews in Israel which is a widish sward. They all have one thing in common…they do not like Jews and they just love Arabs and seek at every turn to be friends with Arabs. They are dangerous and Steven Plaut often rightly attacks them as such. They blame Israel. They omit history. They live in their own heads. These are in general various leftist Anti-Marxists, various Stalinists as in the Israeli Communist Party, Peace Now idiots, Labourists and renegades from Likud like Livni. Sharon was also a renegade. In general they have the same political philosophy as the German Jews who would or could not fight Hitler, and in the end were forced to try to collaborate with the Nazis. They died anyway. Sometimes no compromise is possible
- Extreme anti-socialist leaders like Steven Plaut. Plaut falsifies the history of socialism and is a falsifier no more need be said. There are very many bloggers in this category
- Patriotic Jews with good and factual analyses. They understand the truth. Yet they are caught in the trap of individualism. An individual cannot change history in the sense we are talking about here.
- The Israeli military..the leadership is politically stupid, totally obtuse, having not understood anything in the past 10 years…Yugoslavia, Mubarak, Gadhafi, Ukraine and of course Assad. In general their obtuseness leads to paralysis. The IDF soldiers are patriotic and intelligent but they are led by political careerist mostly fools and tied to military discipline are a threat to the Jews in the longest run, but in the short term the Jewish people have no other defence
- The Israeli people…They were mobilising strongly against the Sharon Gaza withdrawal…but without a party to lead the growing revolt of the masses of Israelis was sold out by the Rabbis of the Settler Movement. The individualist activists were powerless and the youth were betrayed.
All of this spells up to a crisis of leadership.
How to resolve that issue of leadership is a BIG issue. Let us discuss the mechanism.