by Felix Quigley
November 25, 2008
We on 4international support this
(IsraelNN.com) Chaim Glick, the General Manager of Bar Ilan University and a former senior Prison Services official, warned Monday that Israel’s treatment of terrorist prisoners is making it more difficult to release kidnapped IDF soldier Gilad Shalit. Shalit has been held captive by Hamas-allied terrorists in Gaza for more than 880 days.
Speaking at a gathering held at the university on behalf of Shalit, Glick said, “The main reason we have not succeeded in bringing back Shalit is the good conditions granted to prisoners in Israel convicted of security-related offenses.” Murderers and terrorists in Israeli prisons often have little reason to seek release
Chaim Glick continues
Glick explained the benefits granted to terrorists, and said they go beyond what Israel is required to provide under international law. Terrorists are given newspapers and access to cable television, are allowed to see their families and hold their children, are given meat and fish and special holiday meals, and are allowed to study for a university degree with Open University. They are given a stipend by Hamas and other terrorist groups, and are allowed to use the money to buy candy and other goods in the prison canteen
Glick called on Israel to stop providing prisoners with anything more than basic living conditions. Stopping the “policy of pampering and luxury for security prisoners” would put pressure on Hamas to release Shalit in exchange for terrorist prisoners, he said.
Israel has held talks with Hamas via Egyptian intermediaries, but the terrorist group has refused to compromise on its demands and has even asked for more. The group demands the release of all female and minor terrorists held in Israeli jails in addition to more than 1,000 terrorists, some of them the masterminds of fatal attacks. Hamas insists that Shalit is being treated well, but has not allowed international aid workers to see him or speak to him and has not released photos or video clips that would prove their claim.
Chaim Glick is absolutely correct. hamas and Fatah have long ago declared war on Israel. The only response to this on the part of the Jews of Israel is a war response.
It is absolutely essential that the death penalty is introduced by Israel into the situation. If any Fascist antisemitic Arab tries to kill a Jew by whatever means he or she should inturn be killed. Simple.
This is a war situation and Israel must use every method to defend Jews, who went to Israel to escape from European and Arab Nazi antisemitism.
Chaim Glick does not go so far but he is touching on our response which we put forward last week in our ten points. Something like this is needed badly
- That the ordinary Arab and Muslim people break from their horrific anti-Semitism. Our fight is not with the ordinary people in any way but we are fighting for survival, remember that.
- We are a very small nation, of 5 or 6 millions surrounded by half a billion in the Arab nations, more if you include Islamic nations. We cannot afford loss of life. You can afford loss of many lives. That is the equation. Thus it is our aim to have as few of our fighter die and to have as many of your fighters to die.
- We will use every advantage. If we have a technological advantage then we will use it. The only condition is as I said above to have as few of our people die as is possible.
- We vacated every Jew out of Gaza. Were you grateful? The opposite. You made war on us. Now we will make war on you and we will drive every Arab out of Gaza and into Egypt or whatever Arab country they wish to go to.
- To the “international community”. Name your poison! Bring it on! We are totally impervious to any and every statement from the likes of Amnesty International or even the Spanish Government who keep troops in Lebanon but allow Hizbullah to build their forces on their watch. Etc. Etc.
- Of course we communicate to the US Government. But we communicate above all and from the beginning to the end to the ordinary American people. We mobilize the wonderful Jewish people in America to communicate with the real America.
- In reference to the US Government and the CIA who are training Fatah in order to erect a state in our land, that is the second state in our lands, we call for the arrest of Abbas, for his summary trial and likely execution because he calls for a return to the shahid philosophy of Arafatian suicide bombing of Jews. To Malley, to Obama, to McCain, to Lieberman, we stick to this simple point and we give it maximum publicity in front of the great American people. Not too much to ask for and is doable. Nothing else matters but the arrest of Abbas his trial and execution. That will clear the air. To call for the murder of Jews in 2008 calls for exceptional retribution. Otherwise the Eichmann experience means little.
- Read Trotsky above again and learn. Israel is now at war. Israel cannot afford to have a traitor in the ranks. All Jewish traitors in Israel must be arrested and placed under lock and key while this lasts. That means until the enemy is defeated. This means the arrest of those in places like Ben Gurion University who spout hatred of Israel and support for the enemy which is trying to destroy Israel. This applies to all sections of the Israeli state, the police, the judiciary, the press. Read especially what Trotsky writes about taking the Press under control of the state, the state which is organizing the people to defeat the enemy.
- None of this is any good if Israel allows Iran to have a nuclear bomb. This has to be incorporated.
- I support the Israeli people electing Netanyahu. But to fight this war requires revolutionaries who will not flinch, whether they come from the religious or secular Trotskyist conviction. But it requires cadre leaders who will put only the interests of this tiny state and people first. Act! Let the nations of the world decide for themselves how they react! Believe in your destiny! Banish fear!