PALESTINIANS SIT in a damaged house as they watch a parade celebrating Hamas’s ‘victory’ over Israel, in the Shejaia neighborhood, Gaza. (photo credit:REUTERS)
The analysis of Martin Sherman on the Gaza War is surely correct. This war was conducted in the most disgraceful even farcical manner by the Israeli leaders.
Sherman is correct in that they dissipated the good will in the world by not advancing energetically in the first days to challenge Hamas Fatah power. Very quickly their hesitation gave the opportunity to Antisemites in various forums to themselves organise and advance
But Sherman is incorrect in one main respect which is that he expects the present elite to somehow create a programme which includes propaganda, they call it “Hasbara”. Propaganda is vital. But how can it be done and what is its content. Sherman is incorrect if he thinks or expects or even implies that the present lot can do this. The whole point is that they cannot
But if they cannot then who can.
There needs to be a new party leadership in Israel. Given the total bankruptcy of the present leadership right across the board this will have to be a Trotskyist Party. It is necessary to possess the state and the state apparatus…KEY CONCEPT!
I wish they were not actually necessary or a truth. Then we could all get back to our gardening.
But history ordains that it is not possible. We have to face up to the demands of the situation.
The present Israeli ruling class is very divided and is very bankrupt. LET US NUMBER THEM…There is the traitorous elite around Labour (that is not socialism in case you think it is the discredited Labour Parties of the world), there is a religious outfit called Shas, totally opportunist, not really political at all, there is the openly Shimon Peres residue BASURA (OSLO) as carried on by Livni. Then there is Likud who have various strains of patriotism but that is drowned out by their political ignorance, and their division among themselves. For example Feiglin INTERESTING GUY says good things at times, but the way he treated Glenn Beck shows he is a kind of doctrinaire who lives in the clouds. (Beck had to be welcomed to Jerusalem while never abandoning independence from Beck). These are basic primary school political lessons.
Martin Sherman is doing a very useful job in facing down the excuses for action (he is calling them “canards” Like it!
Sherman wants 1 per cent of budget, a cool billion, devoted to “Hasbara”
I agree and would even up it. That is how important!
It is always concrete. Lenin said Land Bread and Peace. THAT was Hasbara! It was concrete. It explained reality. It proposed action. It justified action. And the action was decisive and courageous. For example Lenin pulled out of the War Bloodbath while Kerensky kept on the bloodletting. THAT alone won huge support.
First steps then 2 months ago LET US IMAGINE
- Explain the enemy. Clarify the enemy. That meant the “Protocols of Zion” of Hamas, An evil Nazi type organisation. And Caroline Glick did the second part. She explained how Fatah WAS Hamas at every point.
- So I think perhaps one relevant paragraph from the Charter of Hamas would be sufficient
- Thus explain the need for the necessary action. Do not overload! Ever!
- Which was to take over Gaza by means of a massive onslaught in the very first couple or three days
- Kill or arrest (then execute after military trial) the enemy leaders. Even be magnanimous and offer exile to some
- Explain through Hasbara that this is the only way to peace, and why there must be nobody who harbours Antisemitic views living in the state of Israel (Our central point which we continually make). Explain this by means of basic maps produced by the pioneering Mark Langfan (for example 3 dimensional maps which show that the hills of Judea and Samaria are overlooking the massively populated Coastal Strip of Tel Aviv and are in striking distance, easily, of the main Israeli airport
- Arabs of Palestine can expect a new and promising life elsewhere. Offer this challenge to the world governments to help them, especially Arab Governments to help the Palestinian Arabs find a new life. What happens if they refuse? No matter this is not predicated on the cooperation of our enemy!!!)
- Remind the world that the Arabs got 22 states since 1922, not bad going at all, and they are most rich
- Even among these Arabs in Palestine there are some who do really love Israel and love Jews. They are exceptional people. Love them! This is a humanitarian solution and not a racist thing in any way!
- From that position of decisive power and complete understanding of use of the state (we are never Anarchists a battle which goes back now nearly 200 years) the way opens up
- A new situation is created through action
BUT THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. THERE IS CERTAINLY NO OTHER WAY THAN THIS.
GIVE SOMETHING TO US PLEASE!!!
Do you agree? Good and we ask something in return. When you see attacks on Leon Trotsky do some digging because the above ideas are straight from our understanding of what Leon Trotsky was all about. Please. Do your own research. No sly digs either. I want the truth in everything. And I want some loyalty from my friends!